Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Big Week!

This Sunday Adrienne and I were officially commissioned by VIneyard Church Columbus to plant a church in the Clintonville Area. Rich Nathan and several other pastors prayed for Adrienne and I at all three of the weekend services at VCC. Joanne Kay planned a real nice reception for us following each of the services where we were able to connect with lotsa friends and well wishers. Thanks a million Joanne.

So now Central Vineyard has officially started. Next wednsday our second home group starts meeting, and our first women's group is in the process of starting. I'm still bustin my hynee trying to get all of our ducks in order, but we are making definite progress. Today I got together with Gary Wolfe and JMC and we were able to pray for every single person who is ocming with us in this endeavor. Good time.

I am so grateful for the growth, fun, and challanges of the last 5 years as a staff member at VCC. I'm so glad that it is not necessary for us to start from scratch in figuring out this church stuff. I'm sure that our little congregation will have it's own flavor, but we are not seeking to reinvent the wheel.

Our home group meetings have been great. There is a certain electricity in the air when you see people connecting with each-other, and with God. This family of people is so willing to inconvenience themselves for each-other. There have already been profound opportunities for people to BE the Body of Christ.

---------------------------
reading-The New Testament and the People of God-NT Wright, scooter bbs's, Matthew Commentaries, and many childrens's books to my kids.
listening- Rocket to Russia- The Ramones, Fever & Smoke- The Three Suns, And a dance mix I put together with my kids.
riding- Twist n Go Venice (Made in China, out of Plastic, so there!)