Tuesday, July 13, 2004

What a sad place we live in sometimes.

So many broken hearts are to be found. Poverty takes o many faces, spiritual poverty, social poverty, familial poverty, financial poverty. . .

This post from Mike Burkett's blog made me very sad.

I compare this ladies life with mine:

Today I met with John Greathouse and Kris Backstrom, whose wedding I am honored to officiate at the end of the month.
Today I had lunch with Ben Rosen, who I will miss working with.
Kerry Davis about broke my neck giving me a hug to send me off!
Dave Webster decline the opportunity to beat me after I disconnected all the cables at his desk.
Today I shared conversations with many friends.
Today I gave scooter rides to Ian and Kathleen around the block and thru the alley (traversing sidewalks) Ian and I watch a garder snake cross the alley.
Today I had dinner with Adrienne and the Kids.

I wish more people had my life. Perhaps that's pompous or egotistical, but I'm just trying to say that I'm grateful for what I got.

I pray that God will bring all the people like Mike's friend into our fold. This world sucks if you go it alone.

Thank You Jesus.




1 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

Jeff, I have heard you planted recently when I visited VCC for vli graduation---and was so glad. I know that you will do a great job---cuz you are leaning on the Father. I miss you---think of you often and pray. I miss you all---was glad to find this site of connecting---such a good load of folks! bless you and your family and all you put your face to do.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home