Thursday, November 11, 2004

What a week!

Many of you know that last friday my Dad had open heart surgery to replace his aortic valve, perform a maze procedure, get a bypass, etc. The short of it is this- he is doing well now. Hopefully he will be able to leave the hospital tommorrow. My sister wrote some blog posts as to what has been going down with My Dad, so I link those here for those interested:

update 1
update 2
update 3

Please keep praying for my Dad, he's got a really rough 2 months ahead of him of post op recovery.

Adrienne had a scope done on her throat for her acid reflux. They had to put her under so she will be out of commission for the rest of the day. I hope that we can get some insight how to deal with this health issue. This has been such a pain for her. Today I'm pretty down. but I can't stop thinking of how blessed I am to have Adrienne in my life. I love the marriage God has given me. Adrienne is such a rock in a world drowning in drama. She keeps me hopeful, gives me perspective, and loves well! Her openess with me in all things good and bad is something I need to treasure more. I just love laughing with her. God knew what I needed when He brought her into my life. I'd be so lost without her.

One last prayer situation:

Please Pray for Josh Swearingen's Dad, he had a really bad stroke. Click here for more info.


It has been a crazy couple of weeks with many people in our fledgling Church Plant going through lots of tough trials. I really feel like most of us are in the enemies crosshairs at the moment. A lot of dreadful stuff has been hitting the fan for so many in there work, family, marriages, health, etc. Seems like a real battle is going on. I'm holding on to the following passage:

Ephesians 4:14-16 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

3 Comments:

Blogger jlee said...

jeff,
that passage is perfect for this time.
thanks for sharing.
hope A is doing well.
jamie

7:30 PM  
Blogger mg said...

jeff

i just listened to the new U2 song 'yahweh' and i think the chorus sums up the cry on all our hearts...

Yahweh, Yahweh
Always pain before a child is born
Yahweh, Yahweh
Why the dark before the dawn?

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeff,
you lead us all so darn well!
thanks...
nikki

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home