Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Back to Blogging!

The Cental Vineyard Christmas Party was a stellar success. Our goal was to throw a rockin party for the community to express the love of Jesus this Christmas season. The evening consisted of Michael Gallaugher and his band rockin out our favorite Christmas songs (but he left out George Michael's "Last Christmas" grrr) and the Jazzy Christmas standards performed by John McCollum and Fred Kohn (Blogs to the left). In addition to the music Kathy Kehlmeier coordinated the best Christmas munch spread I have ever seen. The women should be a professional caterer. Free pictures with Santa was back this year, enhanced by a professional camera set up (Thanks Jeremy Slagle) and a real photo printer. Kori and Co. did a great job putting together kids crafts. I was able to meet a lot of new faces in the community. I was very proud of how everyone in the church pulled out all stops to show hospitality through this party!

Ian has a new friend named Kala. She is 13 and carpools with us to St. Joes. The other day Ian asked Adrienne if it was OK to marry neighbors. He then asked if he could marry Kala! Ians first crush! I can't count how many of those I had before I met "THE ONE!" (Adrienne)

Kathleen and I have gotten into the monday morning routine of playing Candy Land at Cup O Joe in Clintonville. This week Caroline Wilkins, an old friend of the family and new attender at CV joined us. Kathleen was happy to make a new friend.

I have been working up my own "Rule of Life" aka "Jeff's Life practices" outlining my gameplan in the areas of prayer, study, marriage, parenting, finances, and hospitality. I've put a copy in my office on on my bedroom wall so Adrienne can help me with it.

Check out Arcade Fire, this band put on one of the best shows I've seen in years!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

glad you're back.
the party was fun. :D

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home