Thursday, March 03, 2005

The return of the bad blogger.

Friends,

Life is so good, fraught with everyday drama and blessing. I just wanted to quickly touch base.

-Watched "Supersize Me" with Adrienne, I have not had fast-food in 3 weeks and have not had any more IBS. I have had IBS since beginning the Church Plant, and now I feel a whole lot better. Also went down from 3 cokes a day to 3 a week, and have a spinache salad at least once a day.

-When I put the kids to bed I read BIble stories to them from The NIV Children's Bible- AWESOME illustrations. No white-boy Jesus in this book- IN fact hardly any anglo-looking people. Much more middle-eastern- but anyway, I try to only read one story a night- and discuss it with the Kids. We read the account of Jesus being captured in the Garden of Gethsemane. We were talking about how scary it must have been, and Ian commented, "Daddy, that's just like when the creatures captured Aslan the Lion, and they cut his main, and killed him on the Stone Table."

Wow.-- I think they are getting it.

So we have just started reading the Chronicles of Narnia as well. The chapters are not too long to read aloud, and their is a lot of good conversation fodder in the books to talk with Ian and Kathleen about.

-I'm cautiously excited with what's going down in my church community. John and Kori are starting a new, kid friendly Friday Night home group at 559 Northridge. If you are interested e-mail him at john(at)elementville(dot)com. Chelsea is also starting an Alpha group.

I am especially excited about our upcoming 24 hour prayer vigil, held at Element (right above cornerstone bakery, across from Rag_o_Rama. The vigil will be held on March 11th & 12th between 7:00PM Friday Night to 7:00PM Saturday Night. FInger Food and Coffee Will Be Provided. Drop in traffic is welcomed. I hope this is just merely the first of many such events.

You don't have to be affiliated with Central Vineyard to join us.

Be seeing You,

Jeff

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

i saw "supersize me" awhile back. didn't keep me from eating fast food altogether, but definitely makes me eat it even less than i already was, and i make better decisions on what i get when i do eat it.

i hate when all the pictures in a children's bible have the people looking anglo. actually, that is the reason i have yet to buy a nativity scene for christmas! they all look like white boys!

simon loved chronicles of narnia. that's awesome that Ian got that. SO great.

YAY for new groups! how great! i though john and kori's group was going to be an alpha group? i take it it's not? thanks for the reminder on the prayer vigil.

8:15 AM  
Blogger maureen said...

so happy it life is going well.
god bless you.
maureen

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Narnia. A wonderful place for me as a kid. And as an adult...

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home