Friday, May 13, 2005

Alright Alright Alright!

Okay, I need to get back in the habit of doing this. So here it goes, bear with the spelling/grammatical errors, lack of cohesive strucvcture etc.

That said...

I write this after spending some time with Dave Webster, now I sit in my office on this sunny day listening to an LP of THe Ventures "Where the Action Is"

I have spent virtually the first hour of everymorning at "Yeah Me To" coffee chatting with Jovan and the people in my neighborhood. I have had the privilige of making all sorts of new friends in the neighborhood. I've got so much on my plate, but I do believe I have been able to do so without succumbing to busyness. I've got enough time to do what I am supposed to be doing without selling out to demon business.

The AVC conference was spectacular- Made lotsa new acquaintences. I hopefully will post some stuff related to it.

Ian and I are now scooter buddies. Inspired by Kat and Sid's Mother son scooter combo, I decieded to start going rides with Ian after work (we primarily stick to sleepy side streets.) It is amazing how much Ian will talk to me when we go on these adventures. I will try to get a picture up of us on our ride.

Kathleen is producing some truly amazing artwork as well as trying to play the guitar. I hope to soon begin posting the fruit of her labour's. She is distilled sunshine, and has about as many friends in Clintonville as I have been blessed with.

FAVORITE ALBUMS OF RIGHT NOW:
Enoch Light: Big Band Bossa Nova
The Ventures: Million Dollar Weekend
Johnny Cash: Greatest Hits Volume 1
The Free Design: Kites Are Fun
House of Heroes
Best of Question Mark and the Mysterians (German "import")

Adrienne and I have really been stretched as of late, and It is amazing to see all that God is doing in my wife. She kicks butt, and has a cute one to boot!

I'm also excited to see all the amazing stuff GOd is doing in the lives of those at Central Vineyard.

Here is a quote that I have resonated with:

"At least that's how I understand pastoral life. I've been at Christ Our King Church for 26 years. All William Falkner knew was two or three square miles of Missippi, and I guess that's what I want to do. I want to know two or three square miles of Christ Our King, just know it and keep knowing it."

-Eugene Peterson: The Contemplative Pastor
not an entire summation, but it is much of what I feel about Clintonville.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

'bout damn time! so good to read something from you. :)
i would love to see a picture of you and ian on the scooter. i love that he talks a lot during those rides...how great that you've tapped into something that you can do together and gets him talking.

hey, you wouldn't happen to have the talks from the conference on cd or anything, would you? i would love to hear some of them.

4:05 PM  
Blogger mg said...

welcome back from your sabattical

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home