Saturday, May 14, 2005

Rainy Saturday.

So the neighborhood yard-sale was a bust- but at least i got to meets some neighbors. Picked up some Gregorian Chant albums for 25 cents. (Listening Now)

had a great time hanging with Rob Ramey today. Also spent some time with Jovan and Annie at "Yeah Me Too!" Coffee. jovan described recent bizzare occurences at his shop. The most recent instance was an older couple listening to John McCollum belt out imprompto blues songs in between one liners, while Tim Easton Sat on the floor trying to tune the guitar brought in by the women who was entranced by John's ability. If you go ask about Kathleen's art on display.

I've got the teaching prep blues right now- tommorrow we are talking about fasting, not a topic I have been nearly as aquainted with as I would like to be. Pray for me.

On ordering your life and schedule Eugene Peterson writes:

"I venture to prescribe appointments for myself to take care of the needs not only of my body, but also of my mind and emotions, my spirit and imagination."

4 Comments:

Blogger jlee said...

the sermon was really good , jeff.
glad to see your back!

6:33 PM  
Blogger danthress said...

yes, excellent job today jeff. thank you.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Jeff Cannell said...

I don't know how retro my outfit is- but it was free from my dear old dad. (I managed to grab most of his beatles and beach boys albums as well)

I do look forward to exchanging albums. I got a dozen or so gregorian chant albums that used to belong to the monsingor (sp?) of St. Andrews.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Andy Whitman said...

Hey, hold onto those 25 cent albums. They can be great investments.

I bought a vinyl copy of an album called "Elyse Weinberg" at a K-Mart in Chicago Heights, Illinois in 1970. It was part of a 4-for-a-dollar Blue Light Special. Now I see that said album in good condition (which mine is; I didn't like it much, so I didn't play it much) is worth a couple hundred dollars on eBay.

My quick MBA-trained mind tells me that that's an 80,000 percent ROI. Who needs stocks? Just invest in CDs (or, better yet, vinyl).

I agree about the sermon comments, Jeff. Great job.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home