Monday, June 13, 2005

Today I planned to take the kids on a date from 10-5, and right off the bat the phone started ringing. All stuff of great import, etc- but tuff nonetheless. I eventually was able to steal out with the kids to go fishing. We used wheatie balls with vanilla extract just like Rev. Jim suggested- but we caught no fish. We were fishing the olenscrungy. Ian informed me that it would have been much smarter to go fishing at Grandpa Steve and Grandma Manu's because we had caught 10 fish there last week. My attempts to explain the thrill of fishing the Olentangy vs. the Suburban Stocked pond fell on deaf ears. We capped of the day with some amazing ice-cream at Denise's.

Thanks to ken Epstein at Evil Empire Records I had two free passes for a pre-showing of Batman Begins. My first choice for accompanyment was my Brother in Law John Hickman. He has been following the development of this movie from it's inception. I had almost no expectations for this flick- But I was completely blown away.

This will definitly be the movie of the Summer. It completely makes up for all the previous for piece-of-crap Batman films. THis more than made up for the dreadful Revenge of the Sith.

I ran into all my buddies from the Laughing Ogre as well- and by chance ran into Josh (SSS) and Kat (Artful Dodger) with Josh's Mom going to see another film. Columbus is the largest small town in the world.

Currently Listening to "Rare Surf Vol 1: The South Bay Bands"

amazing tunes.

4 Comments:

Blogger mg said...

i dunno jeff..
'batman' and 'batman returns' were both pretty good imo.

and c'mon! r.o.t.s. was good too.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jeff Cannell said...

Mike- i kinda liked the 1st 2 batman films- but have ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to see them again after seeing Batman Begins. THe movie is so good!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, good, i'm so glad to hear that batman begins is decent, i have been looking forward to it for months and was a little worried. and fishing w/ kids is fun no matter how many you catch! i remember every time my dad took me fishing and could not tell you if there were any actual fish involved.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed the name Hickman. Did this Hickman used to be teacher in Columbus Public Schools about 15 or 16 years ago?

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home