Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Wow- Had a great Men's Group this morning with my friend Shaw, and JMC. We discussed differing appraches to the Bible- and the a-priori assumptions people bring to the text. Very lively discussion indeed. I am truly grateful for opportunities to have non-hostile dialogue on these topics.

After a couple of meetings I ran a couple of errands and almost died. (I was riding my vespa)

The light turned green and I paused a second. THe next moment two red pick-up trucks ran the light. I would have died for sure. I was shocked-- but my shock turned to rage. But then I realized what a blessing it was not to get killed. Thank-You Jesus from saving my life from dumb-ass drivers!

Now Listening: Johnny Cash-- Bitter Tears

45 of the day: The Nashville Teens
Side A: I Like It Like That -This song sucks
Side B: Tobacco Road -A Little Better- But these guys are a bunch of British Invasion Wanna-Be's
year: 1964

11 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

i'm glad you weren't hurt jeff!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"my shock turned to rage" so I turned to follow them and kick their asses, ohhhhh but wait I am on a vespa....hmmmmm...."shaking fist in the air shouting at speeding trucks half a mile away, "You guys are just lucky I am a pastor!!!"
Webbie

10:16 PM  
Blogger danthress said...

Webster, don't you have a red pickup truck?

10:40 PM  
Blogger D said...

Yea Dan, you and I were driving around in it yesterday, freeking out guys on scooters, remember???
Webbie

9:10 PM  
Blogger danthress said...

I can't keep my days straight. Now I remember.

10:15 AM  
Blogger danthress said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:15 AM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

I'm so glad you are okay!!! I love you. We don't need any more accidents. I think you have met your quota

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff
Just wanted to give you and Adrianne a heads up I mentioned Central to someone I know - Rachel today and she might check it out. She used to go to Cooper Road years back at Joshua House visited Cooper Road on Saturday and likes Vineyard but is looking for a smaller atmosphere..gave her your web page - peace, Liz

5:21 PM  
Blogger mg said...

time for a new post jeff

1:23 PM  
Blogger mg said...

time for a new post jeff.

it's 3 days short of a month now...

11:53 AM  
Blogger Andy Whitman said...

Jeff's off doing a sort of solitary retreat thing in Portland, Oregon. But after he filled me in on the last month of his life on Saturday, I understand why he hasn't had time to write. Maybe the combination of leisurely mornings at a Portland coffee shop, moody northwest drizzle, and free time will prompt a new post. Eh, Jeff?

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home