Monday, November 14, 2005

Lake Blog 1

Right Now I'm at Lake Erie with my family. I forgot my cel-phone recharger- so if you gotta get ahold of me- e-mail is your best bet. (Karl F- I ran out of juice when we were talking-- sorry)

I bought a pound of Yeah Me Too! Coffee (Peru is the next Chiapas!) Thanks to some instruction from Jovan I think I am working the French press better than before.

I'm trying to sketch out Sunday teachings for the rest of the year. Thanks to Mark Kehlmeier for doing all the heavy lifting in advance for me!

Reading:
Finished "Chronicles" by Bob Dylan
Now Reading: "The Life and Miracles of Saint Cuthbert, Bishop of Lindisfarne" by the Venerable Bede
(I've had this on my to-do list for over five years!)
"Jesus and the Victory of God"-- NT Wright (this is taking forever- but it is quite an awesome read)
listening
to nothing! Silence- (actually I'm listening to Ian breathe while he sleeps, I'm blogging at his bedside)
watchingFirefly thanks to Andy Taylor

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

Glad you are enjoying the lake. We are safe and sound in Columbus now!
Love you

10:42 PM  
Blogger maureen said...

jeff,
where does aidan fit into the timeline in lindisfarne? before or after cuthbert?

enjoy your time away.

maureen

9:15 AM  
Blogger Andy Whitman said...

Really off topic, but how did the Venerable Bede get to get so Venerable anyway? I've never seen him referenced as simply "Bede." He's always "the Venerable Bede."

Just wondering ...

The Venerable Andrew

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home