Friday, January 06, 2006

Back to Blogging!!

Lukas Steven Gerald Jackson is my new Nephew born to Elizabeth and Jeff Jackson! He is the cutest. He was born on Jan. 4. I was able to take part of an important rite of passage along with Jeff J. When I visited in the hospital. I don't know what it is- but these guys produce the sweetest most endeering handsome babies! Mothering has really brought an amazing dimension to Elizabeth. She is so good at it! When you get to know Owen and Lukas you will see what I mean!

Also- on a much lighter note-- I got to see U2 in Cleveland with Uncle Chet and cousen Jordan. Words won't do justice.

And Nancy Kohn tagged me, so hear it goes:

my five guilty pleasures
(not exhaustive)

1) Comic Books-- My FAVORITE for of entertainment. I have been reading/collecting since 1978, and currently have over 10,000 issues in my basement. (favorites, Spider-Man, Justice Soiciety, Flash, anything SIlver Age)

2) Doctor Who- The a cult BBC sci-fi series that has aired since the day Kennedy was shot and CS lewis died. I was part of a fan club in the 80's- went to DR. Who Conventions (thanks Dad) and had a 20 foot long scarf knitted by my Mom (just like TOm Baker, the fourth actor to portray the Doctor) The current series produced by Russell Davies is genius!

3) Bathing: I love loong scalding baths in my clawfoot with smelly bath salts. Somedays I take two baths!

4) Karaoke: I do a great George Michael as well as Eminem, with a bit of A-Ha as well.

5) I am a Brian WIlson/Beach Boys fanatic. I have copies of every recording session and rehearsal during their time at Capital. As well all the smile fragments. My dad started me on this!

7 Comments:

Blogger danthress said...

Wow, congrats to Jeff & Elizabeth! I just saw them on New Years day, didn't know "it was time."

#3 we share in common. Clawfoots rawk. I need some salts cause all we got is girlie bubble bath. The heath food store on Lane sells the good stuff, titled, "tired ass." Seriously.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Zena and Joshua said...

congrats on being aunt a and uncle jeff once again!

now you've got to tag five people for guilty pleasures.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mark Snow said...

Congrats Jeff and Zobs!

Also agreed - The Doctor? A genius, I am on episode 5 of 13 on the current season - blasted thing keeps me up till 1AM most nights lately!

4:25 PM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

Thanks dan and mark for the congrats :) And jeff thanks so much for the sweet words that mean so much. I hear you are coming by tomorrow. Looking forward to it :)

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see BW on Leno or Ltterman doing a Christmas song the other day, he is not looking so good, but he did look like he loved what he was doing.
Dave Webster

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooooo... were you able to snag the dr.who christmas special? hope doctor v.10 isn't another colin baker!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that takes me back. I STILL have my scarf. In highschool I used to wrap it around my neck and my girlfriends neck...nice and cozy. I never went to a convention, but a friend and I had special t-shirts airbrushed with collage of photos of Tom, the Tardis and a few other characters. I STILL HAVE THAT SHIRT :)

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home