Saturday, June 03, 2006

posting to post

Many years ago I mocked gardening because I thought there were more "spiritually significant" things I could do. "It's all going to burn someday" rhetoric.

Back in the day I thought hurry was the only context to express zeal.

Seems I forgot that it all started in a Garden and will end in a city- So it seems like urban Gardening puts me in a good context to meditate on the storyline.

Have an old 1969 stereo system on the porch with my i-pod jacked in. One of the speakers is thrashed- so I've been playing strictly mono lo-fi music. Phil Spectre, Pet Sounds, and the first 4 Beatles Capital Releases.

reading: "Simply Christian" By NT Wright
"A Stranger Came Ashore" by Molly Hunter

--notable songs--
Larry Norman- "The Outlaw" moved me to tears today
Mike Stand's first Solo Album
a little Black Sabbath

4 Comments:

Blogger John McCollum said...

Sounds very nice. Glad you're back

4:24 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

DO IT STAAAAAND ALONE? I DON"T THINK I DO...

Solid album. Haven't heard that one in a while. I'll have to see if I can find it!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Zena and Joshua said...

thanks for the coffee!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words: second season
Give over man!!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home